Are you a goth-enthusiast wondering what kind of Gothic accessories is available for your kind of people? In fact, the rapid spread of popularity of Gothic fashion, especially among teens, has caused a lot of goth shops to rise lately.Maybe you want to get black baubles for a Gothic Christmas theme, or you want to buy black Gothic gloves to wear. It's all available! In this article, you will find a list of different kinds of Gothic accessories.
What is a Gothic fashion, and why is it famous lately?
Gothic style has become a popular fashion trend among the teens of this generation. If I have to describe it shortly, Gothic fashion is the kind of fashion centering around dark colors like black, blood red, hot pink and themes related to death, spirits, ghosts, evilness, satanism, depression, punk, metal, and such.
The Gothic fashion has become a medium for teens to express their darker inner thoughts, perceptions of life, and the beauty of black. With the goth fashion, a person shows the whole world that there is an evil part in all of us, and there is no need to hide it. Rather, it should be embraced as a part of who we are as a person.
As black is the color of darkness, evil, and other negative connotations, this is the most popular color among the goth community. That isn't to say everyone who adopts the goth fashion is evil and should be stayed away from. They're all just cool people with a different way to look at things and a different way to express themselves!
Since black is an ominous color, it is naturally a theme or style the society wouldn't praise. But the current generation is more characterized by their bravery and courage to embrace themselves instead of suppressing who they are like the previous generations always did. This is why many teens unhesitatingly express their fondness for black and dark themes by adopting the Gothic fashion.
How to adopt the Gothic fashion?
There are no rules when it comes to expressing the darkness within yourself through your fashion choices. The goth fashion is typically associated with darker colors like black, deep blue, but light pink has also become a popular color within the community.
You can wear dark clothes and accessories and contrast them perfectly with extremely light makeup. Goths often color their skin pale white and apply black eyeliners and black lipstick to highlight the blackness even more. This contrast between black and white, each color complementing the other, is one of the goth community’s best looks.
Accessories are also important to embellish the goth look, which is exactly what I'm gonna be talking about next!
Gothic accessories to include in your fashion
If you are planning to adopt a Gothic look for yourself or just simply looking for accessories that will complement your Gothic style, just know that there are tons of available options! Different kinds of Gothic accessories can be found online and in many physical shops too. For example-
- Gothic bags: Handbags or purses inspired by the goth style can come in different designs and colors. Usually, colors black, pink, white, grey, and red, many Gothic bags will have skull designs to symbolize death, Ouija boards for indicating spirits, or quotes about death, sadness, darkness, and other topics that complement this style.
There are also bags with illustrations of a single eye to symbolize Illuminati, bats to symbolize vampires, angels, and devils, or mythical figures with dark histories, like Medusa.
- Gothic gloves: Gloves are also very popular among goth-enthusiasts. You can find both long and short gloves made of net, leather, fleece, lace, and other fabrics. Fingerless gloves are especially popular because you can get a chance to show off your cool Gothic nail art while wearing them.
You can also find gloves with Gothic designs and embroideries. Black lace gloves are usually more popular, but many also prefer white, deep blue, pink, violet, and red ones.
- Gothic stockings: Many goths love to wear stockings. These stockings can either be made of fishnet or leather, typically black but also can come in other colors. Fishnet stockings are more popular within the community.
- Gothic masks: Masks became an absolute necessity during the COVID-19 pandemic. And the goth community needs goth masks to match their looks, right?
Lucky for you, a wide variety of Gothic style masks have become available lately. You can find different kinds of masks with skull designs, Ouija boards, scary mouth illustrations, ominous texts, and even ones with nails sticking out. The options are endless. There are also eye masks of beautiful designs, usually made from the net.
- Gothic jewelry: Gothic jewelry includes bracelets, necklaces, rings, glasses, tiaras, ribbons, chokers, hairpins, earrings, nose-rings, and accessories for different piercings.
These jewelry are usually gray or white, which is the color of skulls. Gold and silver chains are also popular. The accessories may have cross signs, skull symbols, black cats, moths, dark butterflies, black roses, dark pearls, bats, heart symbols, etc. Jewelry can do a great job at elevating your fashion look.
- Gothic shoes: The goth community widely uses black boots. These can be both short and long boots, either platform or heels, usually made from leather.
There are various kinds of additional accessories that come with Gothic boots, which include cuffs, chains, nails, belts, pockets, and laces. Steampunk and metal-style boots also go well with the goth look.There are various kinds of additional accessories that come with Gothic boots, which include cuffs, chains, nails, belts, pockets, and laces. Steampunk and metal-style boots also go well with the goth look.
Wearing boots along with fishnet stockings is a top-tier fashion combination for sure!
- Gothic hats: Hats are the lesser used accessories of the Gothic community, but there are still a lot of people who love wearing them. Most Gothic hats are just plain black. Top hats, magician's hats, military hats, bucket hats, rider hats, and pirate hats are some of the more popular types of hats. These hats have accessories like feathers, headdresses, veils, black or red roses, nails, rings, butterflies, chains, goggles, clockwork, etc., as embellishments. Goths who try to achieve the Victorian look will love these hats.
So, choose your favorite one and get a Gothic look using these accessories.